Tuesday, March 11, 2008

STEVE WINWOOD SAYS FUTURE JOINT DATES WITH ERIC CLAPTON UP IN THE AIR

Despite the tremendous response that Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton's three night stand at New York's Madison Square Garden received late last month, the two musicians will be hitting the road separately this spring and summer.

Steve Winwood explained that as it stands now, any future dates with Clapton for later this year are still up in the air: "I don't know whether I foresee it, I mean because there's a lot more involved. Eric has got some shows for a summer tour, and I've got some summer commitments. I'm going out with Tom Petty. I hope it's not ruled out, and maybe there is a chance, but I don't have any details."

On April 29th Winwood will release his latest album called Nine Lives, which features Clapton contributing lead guitar to the track "Dirty City."

Steve Winwood will next perform with Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers on May 30th in Grand Rapids, Michigan at the Van Andel Arena. He'll be opening for the band through the end of August.

Eric Clapton kicks off his tour on May 3rd in Tampa, Florida at the Ford Amphitheatre at the State Fairgrounds.



This sounds like the Robert Plant / Led Zeppelin ongoing saga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home