Monday, March 30, 2009

THE DEAD PREPPING 150 SONGS FOR UPCOMING TREK

THE DEAD PREPPING 150 SONGS FOR UPCOMING TREK

3/30/2009

Bob Weir says that the Dead is hard at work getting the band in shape for their upcoming tour, and digging deep into its back catalogue for the band's first extended trek in five years.

Weir explained that they have been working on material that hasn't been performed live by the band since around the time of their Wake Of The Flood album: "Um, (laughs) well we're trying to bring out as many tunes as we can. We've got 150 tunes that we're working on, I don't know how realistic it is that we'll be able to bring that many out (on the road) -- but we'll do a bunch of 'em. I'm doing tunes that I haven't played in 35 years or so, there are a few of 'em, actually. That said, they'll be all the old favorites. Some that really, I don't know why I dropped them from our repertoire, but they're sort of sitting up for us."