Sunday, November 26, 2006

Beatles - "Love" CD

After hearing the CD, I think my original opinion was a bit hasty. (see my post from Tuesday, October 3) Some of the tracks are better than others and a few don't seem to work at all - i.e., "Blackbird / Yesterday". "Strawberry Fields", "Within You Without You / Tomorrow Never Knows", and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" appear to be the stand out tracks. I know some people have said they don't like the new orchestral arrangement that was added to "While My Guitar..." that they prefer the pure acoustic version. While I really like the pure acoustic version, it can be heard on one of several boots. This version presents a completely different and previously unheard version of the song. The orchestral portion of the song is a new recording made speicifically for this project. Overall, I like the CD and I have listened to it multiple times all the way through. It seems each time I play it, I hear something new in the mix of one of the songs.

As always, comments are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home